SPEAK UP, JOIN THE CONVERSATION HERE
A recovering apathetic millennial embarks on a journey of discovery to understand the proposed Jordan Cove Energy Project, a $7.6 billion natural gas export project through Southern Oregon; the first of it's kind in the Western US.
JORDAN COVE ENERGY PROJECT BASICS
300+ private land parcels, publicly owned BLM land, & federal forestry land is impacted by 230 mile Pacific Connector Pipeline. Eminent domain will be enforced.
North American fracked natural gas will be liquified & shipped to foreign markets via the first ever US west coast LNG export facility in Coos Bay, Oregon.
Pacific Connector Pipeline will cross 400+ waterways including the Rogue & Umpqua rivers.
Full scale LNG export is predicted to raise domestic gas prices between 10% - 20%.
Oregon's most emitting power plant will be constructed, burning 25% of the gas shipped through the PCP for the purpose of liquifying the remaining 75%.
Williamstm, the company responsible for construction and operation of the pipeline has had 9 major incidents in the last 15 years.
oregonians speak out
View more Community Testimony...
"THE NEW KEYSTONE XL..."
"[JORDAN COVE] IS THE OPPOSITE OF A PUBLIC BENEFIT..."
-ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 36 INCHES MOVIE 2015.
Background Photo Credit: FreeBigPictures.com | Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com